This consultation form needs to be completed and submitted online to your District Office no later than December 6, 2021.
This information is an important part of the consultative process between the local church, pastors, Bishop, and District Superintendent. Appointments are made with sensitivity to the needs of the church’s mission field, the church, the skills and effectiveness of the pastors, and the trajectory of the Arkansas Conference of the United Methodist Church to create vital congregations that make disciples of Jesus Christ, who make disciples equipped and sent to transform lives, communities and the world.
The pastor may choose to step out of the room so that the committee members may make their recommendations without him or her present; however, immediately following the vote, the committee must inform the pastor and discuss with the pastor their assessment and recommendation concerning the pastoral appointment. After that conversation is concluded, the online SPRC form may be submitted. The pastor will receive a digital copy. Remember, like all Pastor/Staff Parish Committee work, this recommendation is confidential and may not be discussed with anyone who is not on the Pastor/Staff Parish Committee.
Here are several important things to keep in mind as you complete your work:
1. Use a different Assessment and Consultation Form for each appointed clergyperson.
2. The recommendations of both the Pastor and Pastor/Staff Parish Committee are strictly advisory to the Bishop and Appointive Cabinet.
3. The current Pastor/Staff Parish Relations Committee is responsible for making the consultation recommendation.
4. Please complete this form during your meeting using a computer, phone, or other mobile device. For the long answer question, you may wish to write it in a word processor document and paste it into the space provided.
5. After you click "SUBMIT," an email receipt of the form will be sent to your SPRC contact, the pastor, and the district office. Please save your receipt.