Bake a Wish (BAW) is committed to ensuring that individuals involved in any position that may include contact with children or other recipients of our programs are suitable for that role. To assure the safety of our program recipients and the agency representatives with which we work, by signing below (either manually or electronically), you consent to BAW conducting a background check at their discretion. The information you supply on this application will be used and retained for the sole purpose of evaluating data for volunteer recruitment and for monitoring the recruitment process.
1. Under penalty of perjury, I affirm that all of the information I provided on this application is true and complete. I understand that if any false information, representations, or omissions are discovered, my application may be rejected and if I have been selected as a volunteer, my service may be terminated.
2. I hereby authorize BAW to investigate the information I have supplied in this application and consent to a personal background check in connection with my application, including a search of sex offender databases. I further authorize any parties listed in this application to release information they have about me to BAW.
3. I agree to notify BAW within thiry (30) days if I am charged or convicted of a criminal offense.
4. I agree to comply with BAW's rules, regulations and standards. I understand and acknowledge that the terms of my service may be changed at any time. I understand and acknowledge that my selection as a volunteer may be reevaluated and/or terminated by BAW at any time with or without cause. In the event that my volunteer service is terminated, I agree to return any and all property belonging to BAW that is in my posession in a timey manner.
5. I understand that the scope of my relationship with BAW is limited to a volunteer position and that no compensation is expected in return for services that I may provide. I understand that BAW will not provide me with any benefits traditionally associated with employment.
6. I hereby, for myself and for my heirs, legal representatives and assigns, waive any and all claims, rights, and/or causes of actions of any kind, nature and character, against BAW and any affiliated entities, representatives, employees, volunteers, officers, directors, agents and assigns, collectively or individually, arising in connection with or as a result of my participation in BAW's volunteer programs and/or service projects. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, I agree that this waiver shall include a release of any rights or causes of action arising from bodily injury, personal injury, illness, or property damage sustained in connection with my participation in BAW's volunteer programs and/or service projects. My signature (either manual or electronic) on this volunteer liability release evidences my intent to release and hold harmless from all liability BAW and all affiliated entities, representatives, employees, volunteers, officers, directors, agents, and assigns from all acts which are related to the performance of required and implied volunteer duties. In consideration of the opportunity to participate in BAW volunteer programs and/or service projects, I am knowingly entering into this release and assuming any risks and liabilities associated with the performance of required and implied volunteer duties.
7. This volunteer liability release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this volunteer liability release is deemed invalid, the enforceability of the remaining provisions of the volunteer liability release shall not be affected.