Please read the requirements below before proceeding.
If you do not meet the elgibility requirements for a scholarship, please contact the swim school directly for lesson information.
1. New students must be between the age of 12 months and 5 years old.
2. Students are required to contribute $10 per week towards tuition directly to their instructor.
Water Smart Tots covers up to 90% of the total lesson tuition but does not cover any registration fees required by the instructor or swim program.
3. Applicants must be able to provide proof of currently receiving one or more of the following forms of government assistance:
SNAP/Food Stamps Benefit
Gold Card Medicaid *
*Florida Healthy Kids and Share of Cost Health Insurance does not qualify at this time.
4. Proof must include all pages of recent "Notice of Case Action" issued from the Florida Department of Children and Families dated within 30 days of your application. If you are applying for a foster child, you must provide current or recent Court Order of Legal Guardianship.
5. If awarded, child must be able to attend lessons daily for the entire 3-6 week course as determined by their Instructor.
6. Funds for a scholarship are available on a first come first serve basis. Once the allocated funds are depleted, the scholarship appliction will close pending additional funding from private donors.
Please allow 5-7 business days for your application to be reviewed. You will be notified of the status of your application via the email address you provide. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.