Please read the requirements below before proceeding.
If you do not meet the elgibility requirements for a scholarship or do not need a scholarship, please contact the swim school directly for lesson information.
1. New students must be between the age of 12 months and 5 years old and reside in Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Polk, Hernando, Pasco Sarasota and Manatee Counties.
2. There are 3 levels of scholarships:
Level 1 is awarded to First Responders, Military and Teachers. This is NOT a financial need based scholarship. With this level, families receive a $35 tuition credit per week towards their lessons. Maximum of 6 weeks annually.
Level 2 is awarded on a financial need basis. Families who qualify for any type of public assistance (government assistance) can qualify. With this level, familes recieve a $70 tuition credit per week towards their lessons. Maximum of 6 weeks annually.
Level 3 is awarded to anyone who doesn't meet the criteria above but can demonstrate financial hardship. This level is determined on a case by case basis.
2. Families are responsible to pay the difference of the Instructors' weekly tuition and the WSTF Scholarship directly to the Instructor. This can range from $10 - $50 per week depending on the swm school. This scholoraship does not cover any registration fees.
3. Scholarships are valid at participating instructor affiliates listed on our website, www.WaterSmartTots.org/SwimSchool. Families must schedule directly with their selected swim school within 30 days of being an awarded a WSTF Scholarship.
4. Scholarships are void after 30 days if not registered.
5. Child must be able to attend the private, one-on-one lessons 4 or 5 days per week for approximately 3 - 6 weeks. Self-rescue swim lessons are custom tailored for each child's physical capabilities. Exact duration for each child will need will be determined by your child's instructor.
6. For an income-based scholarship (Level 2), proof must include all pages of recent "Notice of Case Action" issued from the Florida Department of Children and Families dated within 30 days of your application. If you are applying for a foster child, you must provide current or recent Court Order of Legal Guardianship.
7. If awarded, child must be able to attend lessons daily for the entire 3-6 week course as determined by their Instructor.
8. Funds for a scholarship are available on a first come first serve basis. Once the allocated funds are depleted, the scholarship appliction will close pending additional funding from private donors.
Please allow 2-3 business days for your application to be reviewed. You will be notified of the status of your application via the email address you provide.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.