Except as described in this Notice of Privacy Practices, the Health Center at Auraria will not use or disclose your health information without your written authorization. If you do authorize the Health Center at Auraria to use or disclose your health information for another purpose, you may revoke your authorization in writing at any time.
The Health Center at Auraria has procedures to assist you with your rights to your medical information. You may ask the Health Center staff for a hard copy of this notice at any time.
All requests of the Health Center at Auraria must be submitted in writing, including complaints. All required forms are available in our offices.
You have the right to:
- Request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of your health information. The Health Center at Auraria is not required to agree to the restriction that you requested.
- Request the Health Center at Auraria contact you by mail or fax, at a specific address or phone number.
- Inspect (w/no charge) and receive a copy of your health information. If copies are requested, you may be charged for copies and any associated postage fees. If chart summaries are requested, a fee may be assessed for this service.
- Change or add information to your designated records. However, the Health Center at Auraria may not change the “original” documents.
- An accounting of disclosures of your health information made by the Health Center at Auraria, except that the Health Center at Auraria does not have to account for the disclosures described in numbers 1 (treatment), 2 (payment), 3 (health care operations), 4 (information provided to you) of section I and number 11 (specialized government functions) of section II of this Notice and disclosures authorized by the patient.