Proposed Burning must be done DURING DAYLIGHT HOURS ONLY and is subject to the following rules and conditions:
1) All fires must meet the following guidelines;
a. All smoke, fire, and embers must be out before nightfall.
b. Burning must be done in small amounts.
c. No plastics or household garbage of any kind, in any quantity.
d. You must be outside with the fire at all times.
2) This permit only applies to small burn piles for RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY ONLY—no commercial permits.
3) By applying for this permit and providing your electronic signature, you assume all liability and responsibility for all damages to all persons and property due to fire. Therefore, you will take all necessary precautions to ensure that no damage results from the fire.
4) If a complaint is received by the Fire Marshal's Office, or by yourself, the fire shall be extinguished at once.
5) You agree to call 936-435-8001 and follow the prompt to speak with a dispatcher each day prior to Burning.
6) Special considerations or instructions may be issued at the direction of the Fire Marshal or his designee.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS COULD RESULT IN A FINE AND/OR LOSS OF BURNING PRIVILEGES.
**All Burning permits are canceled during a burn ban, and a new permit must be applied for following lifting the burn ban.**