Thank you for your interest in joining the Wholesale & Specialty Insurance Association (WSIA). The information included in this application will be reviewed by WSIA’s Membership & Ethics Committee and must be approved by the WSIA Board of Directors as required by the Association’s bylaws. All information provided in the application is confidential among the WSIA team, Membership & Ethics Committee and Board of Directors. Submission of this application does not constitute automatic acceptance of membership.
A U.S. Wholesale Member is a sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation licensed in at least one jurisdiction within the United States as a broker, agent, managing general agent, program administrator, or entity with delegated underwriting authority that is engaged in the insurance business principally as a wholesaler. U.S. Wholesale Members must transact a substantial portion of their insurance business with unaffiliated firms.
- U.S.-based entity
- Experience operating in the wholesale insurance business under its current ownership and management for at least two years.
- At least 75% of annual premium volume must be distributed on a wholesale basis, that is derived from retail agents and brokers.
- At least 51% of annual premium volume must be derived from unaffiliated agents and brokers.
- At least 51% of annual premium volume must be placed with unaffiliated insurance markets.
- Must be directly appointed by at least one market that is an existing U.S. Insurance Market Member or Associate Member.
- Obtain two references from current WSIA voting member firms.
Note: For purposes of this application, affiliation is defined as relationships with business partners with common ownership. Business partners are general not assumed to be affiliated because they have contractual relationships or binding authority from a business partner with no common ownership.