WILD SOL RETREATS LLC
PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT, RELEASE AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
In consideration of the services of Wild SOL Retreats, LLC, their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, participants, employees, contractors and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as “WSR”), I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge WSR, on behalf of myself, my spouse, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
- I acknowledge that participating in rock climbing, canyoneering, yoga, acro yoga, slacklining, paddle boarding, camping, and engaging in any and all WSR adventure activities entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
The risks include, among other things: Rock Climbing & Canyoneering - the hazards of walking on un-even terrain, slips and falls; being struck by rock fall or other objects dislodged or thrown from above; the use and potential or actual failure of using climbing & canyoneering ropes and equipment; the risk of falling off the rock. River trips – The risk of being hit by or colliding with other people, vessels or obstacles; falling into the river; accidental drowning; the risk of hypothermia from prolonged exposure to cold water; the use and potential or actual failure of stand up paddle boarding equipment. Yoga & Acroyoga – injury to my body from medical conditions or physical limitations. Slacklining - the hazards of slacklining, falling, slipping and/or landing on uneven terrain or objects; the hazards of using slackline equipment; the use and potential or actual failure of slackline equipment. All activities - The forces of nature, including lightning and rapid weather changes, the risk of exposure to insect bites; the risks of cold & cold water including hypothermia; the risks of prolonged sun exposure including sunburn, dehydration, heat exhaustion, heat stroke and heat cramps; my own physical condition, and physical exertion associated with each activity.
Furthermore, WSR employees and volunteers have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant’s fitness or abilities. They might misjudge the weather or other environmental conditions. They may give incomplete warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
- I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
- I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless WSR from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of WSR’s equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of WSR.
- Should WSR or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
- I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have.
- In the event that I file a lawsuit against WSR, I agree to do so solely in the state of Utah, and I further agree that the substantive law of Utah shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unforeseeable, the remaining document shall remain in full force and effect.
By electronically signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against WSR on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein.
I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.